Are you getting errors when printing Stratex Reports such as:
'An error occurred while copying file rsclientprint_3082.rll.
Cannot copy file to destination directory.'
Or variations such as rsclientprint_1049.rll and 'Unable to load client print control.'
These are generic errors indicating to possible ActiveX controls not being updated. The following steps may help to resolve the issue:
Clear the rsclient print cache and reload it from the reporting service server:
- Run IE and open its Internet Options from the Tools menu.
- In the Internet Options window box, click "Settings" button under Browsing history in General tab.
- In the "Temporary Internet Files and History Settings" window box,click "View Objects" button.
- In the opening window, select all the dll/rll/inf files with "rsclientprint" prefix and delete them.
- After the above steps, close all window boxes and reopen IE to access a report, click the print icon, and reinstall the activeX control when get prompted, then try printing this report again to see if it works.
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, there is a manual deploy process:
Deploy the control manually:(the following files is of SSRS 2008, but the steps can apply to SSRS 2008 R2)
Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin on the report server and copy the rsclientprint.cab file
Extract the files from the rsclientprint.cab file.
Copy all the files to the client computer to Windows\Downloaded Program Files (you might need to do it using the command windows) c:\print\RSClientPrint.dll c:\print\rsclientprint.inf c:\print\RsClientPrint1028.rll c:\print\RsClientPrint1031.rll c:\print\RsClientPrint1033.rll c:\print\RsClientPrint1036.rll c:\print\RsClientPrint1040.rll c:\print\RsClientPrint1041.rll c:\print\RsClientPrint1042.rll c:\print\RsClientPrint2052.rll c:\print\RsClientPrint_3082.rll
Register RSClientPrint.dll by opening a command line (Start->Run) regsvr32 [path]RSClientPrint.dll
The article in the link below also goes through the processes of installing RSClientPrint:
Any queries please get in touch with me at: email@example.com